Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Week 8- Reflecting on Learning


 Hope
My passionate hope for my future as an early childhood professional is to always have an open mind and heart, and to always focus on the whole child. “Young children need caring adults to help them construct a positive sense of self and respectful understanding of others (Derman-Sparks & Edwards, 2010, p.11). As an early childhood professional I have the opportunity to help children flourish while finding their own unique strengths and identity. I want every child in my classroom to feel as if he/she belongs, is respected, and is valued. We can all learn from each other. I want my children to know that they are okay “just the way they are”. My hope for the children and families with whom I work or will work with is for them to feel that they are not treated based on their differences. I want them to know that I value their economic class, gender, racial identity, culture, language, and ability as strengths not faults. I want families to feel that they are a part of my classroom community and that we have a partnership for the success of their children.

Thank-You
            I would like to thank all my colleagues for sharing experiences, beliefs, and opinions during this eight-week course. I have enjoyed getting to know all of you through blogs and discussion board postings.  Your professionalism and commitment to the early childhood field is evident. Reading your blogs and discussions encouraged me to reflect on the course materials along with my own personal experiences. Thank you for allowing me to learn alongside you during this course. I wish you all the best of luck as you finish your Master’s program and become an anti-bias early childhood professional!

References
Derman-Sparks, L., & Olsen Edwards, J. (2010). Anti-bias education for young children and ourselves. Washington, DC: NAEYC.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Staci! I enjoyed reading all you posts. I hope that you will achieve any goals that you have set for yourself through your journey! Also, I wish you the best of luck on completing your Master's program as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci,

    Thank you for sharing your hope for the future is so amazing, and I know with the things we have taken from this course and our own findings there is no doubt that you will be able to do everything you set your mind to in this field. I want to thank you for your posts throughout the course I have truly learned something from the insights you have and very thorough responses. I wish you all the best in your career and future endeavors in the field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Staci,
    Thanks for sharing with us every week. Each post was a window to how you viewed each topic. Each of your blogs were insightful and uplifting!!! I wish you the best!! I hope to work with you again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and comments with the class!! I wish you much success in the remainder of the courses in finishing our degree!

    ReplyDelete