Thursday, July 6, 2017

Week 1- Wordle

My Personal Wordle



I chose the issues of Anti-Bias Education, Passion, Advocacy, Developmentally Appropriate, and Family Partnership because they focus on ALL children and their families. My Wordle communicates what I have learned and what has inspired me during my program of study. The words that stand out state my passions. The supporting words fill in the foundation of my belief in the issues. This program has ignited a new passion for me. I have always been an advocate for young children but never realized the disadvantages so many students face. I now feel better prepared to care for and teach ALL students in an anti-bias environment. “The heart of anti-bias work is a vision of a world in which all children are able to blossom, and each child’s particular abilities and gifts are able to flourish” (Derman-Sparks & Edwards, 2010, p. 127). The specific issues resonate with my professional passion because I have learned how to advocate, educate, and facilitate positive change for a diverse student body.

References

Derman-Sparks, L., & Olsen Edwards, J. (2010). Anti-bias education for young children and ourselves. Washington, DC: NAEYC.






No comments:

Post a Comment